KTM Brand History - in 1934 Hans Trunkenpolz opens a repair workshop in Mattighofen Austria and in 1951 builds his first motorcycle.
In 1953 the company is officially known as KTM “Kronreif, Trunkenpolz, Mattighofen” after company founders Hans Trunkenpolz and Ernst Kronreif and the Austrian location: Mattighofen, where Hans Trunkenpolz began and the manufacturing plant was built and still is.
In 1964 KTM starts with bicycle production and since then has gone to produce over 4 million bicycles worldwide. In 1992 KTM split into 4 different companies, KTM Bicycles LTD, KTM Sportmotorcycles LTD, KTM Radiator LTD and KTM Tools LTD.
· In 2005 KTM celebrates its first WorldCup Victory for Yader Zoli
· In September 2007 the KTM Renegade Prestige (Model 2008) won the Eurobike Design Award
· 2008 September; the KTM Lycan 1.0 (Model 2009) won Eurobike Design Award
· In 2010 KTM enters the South African market & in 2011 KTM brings out their 1st 29er, The Race 1.29
· 2010: Founding of KTM Asia
· 2011 KTM produces first downhill e-bike
· 2012 –eShopper wins Euro Bike Design Award
For a full view on KTM’s history visit www.ktm-bicycles.at
KTM believes in producing quality products through testing at their high end R & D department.
KTM Bicycles South Africa is celebrating the 50th Birthday by given back to the consumers with a 15% discount on all KTM bicycles over the period 15 February to 30 March 2014. While stock lasts, limited quantities are available.